Schering-Plough is a global science based healthcare company with leading prescription, consumer and animal health products. Through internal research and collaboration with partners, ScheringPlough discovers, develops, manufactures and markets advanced drug therapies to meet important medical needs. ScheringPlough’s vision is to earn the trust of the physicians, patients and customers served by its 32,000 people around the world. The company is based in Kenilworth, N.J.
Casewise enabled Schering-Plough to globally share process information from one single source. This case study outlines the challenges and success of implementing Business Process Management & Casewise Casewise Modeler in pharmaceutical clinical trial supplies. Includes: What are clinical supplies? Why is it challenging to apply BPM & CM in the R&D clinical supplies arena, successful BPM & CM implementation strategies?
• Harmonize business processes and procedures
• Document processes, improve process timelines, and provide clear roles & responsibilities
• Simplification of global business processes
• Development & documentation of as-is and to-be scenarios, roles & responsibilities, and key process information
To harmonize Schering-Plough Business Processes & Procedures in its global organization. It also needed to clearly document processes, improve process timelines, provide clear roles & responsibilities to support flexibility in delivery of clinical trial supplies.
Business Process Management principles are being successfully utilized to facilitate widespread change and simplification of the global processes. Casewise Modeler, Automodeler, and Corporate Publisher are being used by the Process Engineers involved with Business Process Management & re-engineering Efforts. Casewise Modeler is playing a critical role in the development & documentation of asis processes along with the to-be processes, roles & responsibilities, and key process information. Automodeler & Corporate Publisher are providing key communication vehicles which underpin the Business Process Management activities.
- Enforced harmonization of terminology and process repository
- Unambiguous definition of roles & responsibilities
- One-stop shopping for process information
- Ability to globally share process information from a single source.
- Ease of use in loading data
- Ability to link key process information & tools
- Flexibility in publication formats
- Robust & simple architecture
- Does not require a large underlying platform such as SAP, etc