What is ITIL?
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) is a framework of best practice approaches intended to facilitate the delivery of high quality information technology (IT) services.
ITIL outlines an extensive set of business process management procedures that are intended to support businesses in achieving both high financial quality and value in IT operations. These procedures are supplier-independent and have been developed to provide guidance across the breadth of IT infrastructure, development, and operations.
The Casewise Online Visual Process Model for ITIL version 3
The Casewise Visual Process Model for ITIL is the world’s first diagram-only view of all guidance for each of the 5 new ITIL version 3 books providing organizations with the insight to simplify the alignment of business processes ensuring all ITIL standards are met by using simple frameworks and mapping tools.
By viewing the Casewise Process Model for ITIL version 3 online, IT staff can understand best practice processes, simplify operational procedures, process improvement projects and help overcome resistance to change.
The Casewise Process Model for ITIL version 3 provides users with a systematic and professional approach to the management of IT service provision. Adopting its guidance, the model offers users a vast range of benefits including:
- A unique interpretation of 1,900 pages of text transformed into 470 visualized process flows
- The ability to select a specific job role and view all of the associated responsibilities
- Navigation across all 5 books using a simple ‘drill down’ facility
- Access to the model by a multitude of users across numerous locations through a centrally hosted HTML publication
- The opportunity to reduce training costs by employing the model as a training resource
- Cross referencing of processes within the published process flows to each of the five ITIL version 3 books and associated page numbers
- View each process by list or diagram view
- View the properties of each process object in terms of Critical Success Factors (CSFs’), Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), Best Practice Tips and Hints, Risks & Controls.
All ITIL processes are cross referenced to the Casewise Compliance and Regulations Library which contains e.g ISO/IEC 20000 (Service Management), ISO 27001 (Information Security), ISO/IEC 19770 (Software Asset Management) and other regulations like SOX, MIFID, Basel II.
The Casewise Portal solution will then allow you to maintain (Create, Delete, Update) the information objects as well as scheduler task to other users for e.g. doing assessment on specific KPI’s. Of course you can communicate all results via Dashboards and list views to ensure that you company understands the policies, goals, processes and the related KPI’s.