With operations in more than 130 countries, Total engages in all aspects of the petroleum industry, including Upstream operations (oil and gas exploration, development and production, LNG) and Downstream operations (refining, marketing and the trading and shipping of crude oil and petroleum products).
- Fifth largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world
- First largest capitalization on the Euronext Paris and the Euro zone
- 100,000 employees
- Operations in more than 130 countries
- Exploration and production operations in more than 40 countries
- Producer of oil and gas in 30 countries
- Approximately 540,000 French individual shareholders
- Utilizing Casewise Modeler to assist with internal operational processes and to helping to facilitate navigation of its existing repository
- Document internal operational processes whilst evolving and enhancing the existing repository
- Efficiently manage all objects within the repository
- Produce a comprehensive graphical representation of processes
- Generate an html version of the repository integrated into Total’s intranet
The main challenge faced by Total was to evolve and enhance their existing repository. By implementing Casewise Modeler, the full support of all those working within the IT division was gained.
The IT Division of Total Trading and Shipping selected Casewise Modeler as its modeling tool of choice for internal operational processes and to help facilitate navigation of its existing repository. Having implemented the Casewise Modeler Suite, Total has been able to utilize many of the products modules by:
- Efficiently managing all objects within the repository using Model Explorer
- Grouping all modified objects with AutoModeler
- Producing a graphical representation of all the required diagrams
- Establishing responsibilities for each process with Matrix Manager
- Generating an html version of the repository, which is integrated to Total’s Intranet by utilizing Casewise Publisher
As a result, by implementing Casewise Modeler, the repository has been clearly improved in terms of readability (graphics), ease of use and coherence as information is now managed from a single point within the database.
The IT Division of Total Trading & Shipping evaluated several modeling Solutions by organizing a one day prototype project which resulted in highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of each tool. Casewise Modeler was found to be the most flexible and user friendly tool of all those evaluated allowing Total to immediately and easily personalize the tools and its applications to their own bespoke requirements.